2.5 Structure of distribution
Marsyas is primarily targeting researchers and software developers who
want to advance the existing knowledge within Marsyas' area of application
and in turn develop Marsyas further. For that purpose, familiarity with the
structure of the source code and file system is important.
The root directory contains the following files:
- AUTHORS, COPYING, README, TODO: these files are
In addition, there are the following subdirectories:
- src/ All the C++ source files.
- src/marsyas/ The Marsyas framework and modules (MarSystems). This is
compiled into a library for use in other executable programs.
- src/marsyas/core Framework core.
- src/marsyas/realtime Facilities for realtime MarSystem execution.
- src/marsyas/debug Facilities for dataflow debugging.
- src/marsyas/marsystems Concrete MarSystems.
- src/marsyas/optional Optionally-compiled MarSystems that depend on
- src/apps/ Various command-line applications.
- src/Qt4Apps/ GUI applications using Qt 4. Most of those have been
ported to use Qt 5.
- src/qt5apps/ GUI applications using Qt 5. All future GUI applications
using Qt shall be developed here.
- src/tests/unit_tests/ Tests for individual framework modules
- src/tests/black-box/ Tests for executable programs.
- doc/ Source files for documentation (which you are currently reading).
- scripts/ Convenient scripts to help programming with Marsyas.
- scripts/MATLAB/ MATLAB scripts.