2.2.9 MacOS X additional notes
These random notes might be useful for OS X users.
On MacOS X and when using Qt-4.3.0 or higher, you must add:
to your ~/.profile or ~/.bash_profile and then close
(and re-open) your terminal window before compiling Marsyas.
When trying to record audio, the sample rate must be specified
These instructions have been tested on OS X 10.5.8 and MATLAB_R2009a.
- MATLAB and X11 for OS X must be installed
- The naming conventions of MATLAB are a messy so the CMake configuration
assumes that either the MATLAB environment variable is set or looks for
MATLAB in /Applications/MATLAB_R2009a.app
- Compile Marsyas and enable the WITH_MATLAB option. If MATLAB can not
be located you will get an error message. Try setting the MATLAB
enviornment variable and if that does not work then attempt to
set the paths to the MATLAB-related variables manually.
- You will need to edit your .bash_profile with the following lines:
- try out mudbox -t MATLABengine. MATLAB
should open and various benchmarks and communication
between Marsyas and MATLAB should happen. If not
email the mailing lists for some help.