2.2.8 Compiling with MinGW on Windows XP
- Download and install MinGW from
- Download and install Microsoft Direct X SDK
These instructions worked with installing Direct X August 2008
- Download and install the CMake 2.6 binary using the Win32
installer from http://www.cmake.org.
- Downlaod and install the Tortoise SVN GUI client from
- The Tortoise client is integrated with Windows so
right click on your desktop and checkout Marsyas as described
in the basic installation instructions.
- Launch cmake and choose the install type to be “MinGW Makefiles”
- Specify the source and build directory you want
CMake to use for Marsyas for example if marsyas has been
installed in c:\marsyas these would be c:\marsyas\src and c:\marsyas\build.
- Press configure until all the options are grey and then click ok
- Go to the c:\marsyas\build directory and type “mingw32-make”
- The binaries are created in build\bin\release or build\bin\debug.
Python: Installed by default on Linux and
MacOS X machines; Windows users may install it from
this site. Marsyas contains some very
useful scripts which are written in Python.